“B.I.K.E. – Biking Innovation and Knowledge for Everyone”, is a a 12-month Small Collaborative Partnership Erasmus+ Project, involving 5 organizations from 4 different countries with the aim of enabling the exchange of good practices, ideas and methods for volunteers, coaches and managers in cycling sport organizations.
The main goal of the project “BIKE – Biking Innovation and Knowledge for Everyone” is to support the mobility of volunteers, coaches, managers and competitors from cycling sports clubs within the EU. Within the cross-border meetings, besides on the main goal, attention will be focused on achieving the additional sub-objectives:
- Improving good management in cycling sport;
- Supporting children from social and marginal groups for practicing cycling;
- Promoting women’s cycling to overcome gender discrimination and to get equal opportunities in cycling;
- Encourage participation in sports events, competitions and biking in nature;
- Encourage an ethical approach in cycling and the fair-play;
- Creating successful athletes – champions from all ages and disciplines in cycling – sports for all;
- by integrating individual qualities into the team ambitions of sports clubs.
- Promoting cycling among adolescents and youth – to overcome aggression, racial discrimination and intolerance in sport;
“B.I.K.E. – Biking Innovation and Knowledge for Everyone”, has a comprehensive programme
“B.I.K.E. – Biking Innovation and Knowledge for Everyone”, has a comprehensive programme of cooperation meetings between the four countries, with events to be held on the following topics:
- New mechanisms related to volunteer work.
- Cycling sport organizations will look at new innovative approaches for coaches and managers to improve the quality of their sports teams’ management, creating more incentives for greater participation.
- Pedagogical approach as a tool for upgrading knowledge in cycling sports will be presented by representatives of the German partner.
- Innovative interactive training models will be presented – virtual via mobile devices.
Other topics will be also discussed, concerning sport management at a macro-level, mobilizing local and national authorities and creating a better, coordinated and consistent sport policy in Europe.
The actual realization of the “BIKE – Biking Innovation and Knowledge for Everyone” project will be divided into two modules:
1st module: Meeting of the partners in the country coordinator – Bulgaria.
2nd Module: Meeting of Cycling Sports Clubs in Germany.
“BIKE” project Partnership Consortium
DRAG Cycling Club
Partner: Martigues Sport Cyclisme, France
Partner: SSV Gera 1990 e.V., Germany
Partner: ClubulSportivIntersport, Romania
Partner: ‘Letets Hristo Toprakchiev’ School, Bozhurishte, Bulgaria