In 2018 DRAG Cycling Club applied for Erasm + project in Brussels with the title “B.I.K.E. – Biking Innovation and Knowledge for Everyone “, which was approved for funding.
DRAG Cycling Club is the leading organization, as the partners are from France, Germany, Romania and Bulgaria, namely:
- Martigues Sport Cyclisme – DRAG Bicycles, France
- SSV Gera 1990 e.V., Germany
- ClubSportivIntersport, Romania – Team Novák
- SU “Letetz Hristo Toprakchiev”, Bulgaria, Bozhurishte
The main objective of the project is to support the mobility of volunteers, coaches, managers and competitors from cycling sports clubs within the EU. Additionally, the attention is focused on:
- Improving the good governance in the cycling sport;
- Promoting cycling among children and youth – against aggression, racial discrimination and intolerance in sport;
- Supporting children from social and marginal groups to practice cycling;
- Promoting women’s cycling to combat gender discrimination and equal opportunities in cycling;
- Encourage participation in sports events, competitions and cycling trips in the nature;
- Encourage an ethical approach to cycling and combat racing fraud;
- Creating successful athletes – champions of all ages and cycling disciplines – sporting for all, by integrating individual qualities into the team aspirations of sports clubs.